Microfiber is a polyester and nylon fiber. The fiber is about 1/16ththe size of a human hair! When multiple microfibers are woven together into a fabric, they create a net-like surface that can absorb and trap dirt and moisture better than ordinary cotton. Their many fibers can get into pores and crevices traditional cleaning tools can’t and pick up microscopic dirt and germ particles, allowing for a deeper more thorough clean. The nylon in the microfiber cloths also has a static charge that pulls in and traps the dirt until the fiber is washed.
At Elite Home Cleaning, our technicians use microfiber to keep your house looking incredible. There are numerous advantages that microfiber cleaning cloths have over ordinary cloths. Listed below are some of the reasons that we choose to use this phenomenal fabric to clean your home.
7 Advantages of Microfiber:
- Microfiber cloths contain more than 200,000 fibers per inch of fabric!
- They can absorb, on average, more than seven times their weight in water
- The combination of microfiber and water alone can eliminate up to 98.9% of bacteria from smooth surfaces
- Microfiber cloths can be laundered up to 500 times while maintaining its inherent structure.
- Environmentally friendly. Due to its long lasting nature and that it reduces the need for harmful chemicals, microfiber is an environmentally friendly choice for home cleaning
- Microfiber cloths are also hypoallergenic, making them safe for individuals with allergies or asthma to use
- Microfiber towels also don’t leave behind lint or scratch surfaces. This makes them perfect for cleaning delicate surfaces like glass or mirrors giving you a streak-free clean.