We all love our morning “cuppa joe” and we don’t want anything getting in the way of that amazing, rich taste. So, when you start noticing that your coffee isn’t tasting it’s absolute best… it’s probably time to show your coffee maker some extra love! Below, we will provide detail for how to clean your coffee maker, this includes the drip coffee makers and the single use coffee makers.
For Drip Coffee Makers:
- Empty your coffee pot of any leftover coffee. Be sure to also remove the used filter and grounds.
- Nothing beats the cleaning power of white vinegar. Fill your coffee pot’s reservoir with equal parts vinegar and water (4-5 cups of each). Place an empty filter into the coffee maker’s basket, place the pot in position, and turn the machine on to “brew” the solution.
- Once the brewing cycle has completed, turn off the coffee maker and allow the vinegar/water solution to sit for about 15-30 minutes.
- Finally, replace the filter once again and fill the reservoir with just water. Brew the water by itself for two cycles. This will remove any remaining vinegar left in the machine.
- Once the three cycles are completed, your coffee maker will be ready to brew some amazing tasting coffee once again.
For Single-Use Coffee Makers:
- Empty the coffee maker of any water and make sure there isn’t a pod in the machine.
- Add a solution of 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 cup water to the coffee maker’s reservoir. Keep the pod area empty.
- Turn on the coffee maker to “brew” the solution through the machine. Once the brewing cycle is complete, shut off the coffee maker and allow the vinegar solution to sit for 15 minutes.
- Brew water-only through the machine for two more cycles. This will get rid of any remaining vinegar taste. Get ready to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee!